The undercut technique is as simple as it is ingenious. By means of a patented drilling system a blind hole with an expanded base is drilled into the backside of the façade panel. Subsequently, the KEIL undercut façade anchor is inserted into the hole. This anchor guarantees a positive-locking attachment, which is free of expansion force. As soon as the panel is equipped with brackets, it can be mounted directly on to the substructure.
- Cylindrical drilling and conical undercutting are carried out in one single process and by only one tool.
- Different levels of automation are possible, depending on the type of machinery and the material of the panel.
- Drilling time for ceramics is less than 10 seconds.
- Panels of any desired size and weight will get a patented undercut in a precise and consistent symmetric shape.
- For the assembly, an undercut anchor is inserted into the hole and locked positively by a screw.
- The assembly is fast, safe and simple.
The KEIL undercut drilling
Cylindrical drilling and conical undercutting are carried out with only one tool and in one single step. Different levels of automation are possible, depending on the type of machinery and material. Drilling time in ceramics is less than 10 seconds. Panels of any size and weight will get a patented undercutting with a precise and consistent symmetric shape. For a cylindrical drilling with a diameter of ø 7 mm, the diameter of the undercut will be ø 9 mm. For the assembly, the undercut anchor is placed in the drill hole and locked positively with a screw. Quick, simple and safe, with customary tools, e.g. cordless screwdrivers.
The KEIL undercut anchor
The KEIL undercut anchor for the hidden attachment of thin panels is manufactured from stainless steel. Its geometry, which matches the KEIL undercut drill hole, guarantees an attachment free from expansion pressure in all common panel materials from a panel thickness of 6 mm onwards. Different insertion depths are possible, depending on the thickness of the panel or the necessary bearing capacity. The KEIL undercut anchor is designed to carry more weight than that of the panel material. Due to its high assembly safety, the KEIL undercut anchor offers significant advantages. The displacement-controlled assembly of the anchor in all panel thicknesses will be carried out quickly, simply and safely with the aid of the coordinated KEIL system: anchor, bracket and KEIL ratchet screw with integrated screw lock. Only two parts (anchor sleeve and screw) are necessary for a secure fastening. Other screw-in parts for the KEIL undercut anchor allow for your individual connection variant, e.g.:
- connection to substructures
- connection to cassette designs
- attachment to reveal panels with interior angles
- direct attachment to the wall with fork or plug-in anchors
- fixing of wash basins, work tops, furniture, grave borders or radiators made from natural stone
Safety and product liability require, that the KEIL undercut fixing system must always be used as one unit. The function will only be guaranteed, if the coordinated KEIL products (anchor with screw or grub screw, chuck and façade drill) are used in combination. The use as a system is also regulated in the approvals hitherto granted resp. applied for. Parts of the KEIL undercut fixing system are patented.